Please fill in the details in the right hand panel to complete the upgrade to ensure your system has the latest features.
After the upgrade is downloaded and installed (see steps below) make sure ElectroPlan shows the latest version in either the opening window or on clicking the About tool-bar button.
Latest Version: 21-08-01 (August 2021)
Need download / installation instructions ?
Step 1 – Save the download file to your computer. If your browser does not ask you where to save the file, it will be in the browser’s default downloads folder – look for “Downloads” in the menu options.
If your anti-virus software intervenes in the download process, it is not because the download has a virus, it is because the install program is not recognized by the anti-virus software and its file type has triggered a response. Look for options to allow the download and install process and to make the install program an allowed exception.
Step 2 – Find the downloaded file on your computer either in your browser’s Downloads area or in the place you saved it, and double click the file to start the install process.
Step 3 – Follow the instructions in the install process.
Important Notes …
Multiple Users … The upgrade only needs to be done once for users who share an installation of ElectroPlan. Make sure all users are out of ElectroPlan before starting the upgrade process.
ElectroPlan Location … When you get to this stage of the upgrade (see image below) it is very important to get the updated ElectroPlan files to the correct location … ie the folder where ElectroPlan is installed and started from using your desktop shortcut. Below is the page of the Setup process here the correct location is entered.
* By default ElectroPlan installs into the folder C:/ElectroPlan
* If ElectroPlan has been installed in or moved to another location (eg Network drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, cloud service etc) the default location C:\ElectroPlan needs to be changed.
* To obtain the folder where ElectroPlan is installed … (This can be done before running the install process)
1 – Press the Windows key and M to show the desktop. 2 – Right-Click your desktop shortcut to ElectroPlan and select ‘Properties’ from the menu. 3 – Select and Copy the text in the ‘Start in’ field in readiness to paste it into the edit box as shown above (no quote marks) replacing the existing text.
* When the install process is run and you get to the page shown above …
1 – Paste the text from the ‘Start in field of the ‘Properties’ window. If the above window has disappeared from view when the text was being copied , then Click the ElectroPlan Setup icon on the task-bar to re-show the Setup program. 2 – Press enter to continue and confirm the folder to install into.
* Once the setup program has completed, start ElectroPlan and ensure that the version shown in the startup window is the latest version – see below or at the top of this page.
* Please contact ElectroPlan if you need any assistance with this upgrade process.
Recent Upgrade History …
Version: 21-08-01 (August 2021)
* Rectangle + Text – New option to Recall Text or clear the Text placed on the plan.
The setting last used is saved and recalled when ElectroPlan is re-started.
Note: If the Line type is Changed the text is cleared.
* Enabled Component move and Cable Path Length Re-Calculation while the Cable Details window is open.
* Ensure various windows are closed after Tool-bar buttons are clicked to avoid conflicts.
Version: 21-07-01 (July 2021)
New Features …
* Plan Layers – Component Visibility on Screen Plan by Category.
– Visually similar to the concept of “layers” in graphics programs.
– Click the “View by Layer” button at the top of the plan to select which Component Categories (Layers) are shown. This button changes to white on green when the layer view is activated.
– New Layers are added as new Categories of Components are added to the plan.
– Components are not deleted or altered in any way, just temporarily hidden to clarify the view when plans are getting a bit congested.
– This is on-screen only – the Plan Export still includes all Components.
– This is also a useful way to select and move a set of components to another plan.
* Variations – Lines, Memos, Text, Component Labels are greyed out if entered in a previous variation. These are shown in full colour if edited. ie These items behave the same as Components.
* New Tool-bar button – Quick Guide – go to the ElectroPlan Quick Reference area on the Quick Start Guide website page.
This is a good place to visit and have a read (will not take long) even if you have been using ElectroPlan for a while.
It is a quick reminder of some of the features that you may not realise are available and it also contains the answers to often asked questions about ElectroPlan. Visit Now.
* Further Revision of Plan Lines etc to make this area easier to use.
– Component Label – Select the Component (Ctrl key + Click)
then click “Component Label” to configure the label.
– Multiple Component functions (Connection Curve, Cable Paths etc )
Select by clicking the button in the “Plan Lines etc” tab then select the components
by just clicking (Ctrl key not required)
* Lines++ Objects – The first item entered for a project does not relocate using the original top left corner, only the bottom right.
* Component Details Edit – If a non-zero price is entered, the “Include in Component List and Project Total” option is automatically
set to checked to prevent Components with prices from being excluded from the Project Total
* Prevent Component Labels from obscuring Components and the Legend.
* Line Configuration Window and Assistance Window – improve relocation behavior.
* Image on Plan – Reposition the image so as not to obscure the image border.
* Project Export – Plans Only selection – Variations History left checked.
* Help button on PDF Extract window – corrected to valid website link
* The panel containing – New Tab, Zoom and View by Category buttons is now relocated to a lower position if needed (i.e. many plans or long plan names used in a project) so as not to obscure the plan name tabs.
* The Setting for the showing of Component details (when the mouse hovers over a component) sometimes gets reset when the system is upgraded to a new version.
* Text in Rectangle – once a text item has been placed or edited the text edit box is cleared.
Version: 21-02-01 (February 2021)
New Features …
* Variations: Exported Component List only shows New Components when variation export price setting is “Latest Variation Price”
* Lighting Layout – Arrange 4 lighting fittings in a room by positioning two lights and the system will arrange the other two in a rectangular pattern
consistent with the first 2 components.
* Select and Move Component to another plan – Allow for a scrolled destination plan.
* Restoring a disabled feature – Shift + Component Click to Set Selected Component.
* Error saving New Component details when “User Management of image files” set to “System … “
* After Moving Components to another plan, Component Icons not restored after being Selected
* Remove link to ElectroPlan on exported plans
Version: 20-11-01 (November 2020)
* Component Suite Layout Redesign
– Component buttons within a Category are scroll-able with the mouse wheel -no more ‘lost’ components.
– Category Selection Tabs replaced by buttons that remain in the same location and order.
– For more space – hide the buttons and use a drop-down list to select Categories.
* New Functionality for Plan Lines etc
– This area has had a revision to make it easier and quicker to use.
– New Component Category : PLAN LINES ETC in the Component Suite with a button for each type of item:you might add to a plan …
Lines, Connection Curves, Text and Notes, Images, Cable Paths, Component Labels, Plan Measurements.
– Default Configuration for each type of item: Held in the library and retrieved when the type is selected.
To define the default configurations – Open the Lines++ Configuration Window and select an item, set
the configuration and click ‘Set as Default’. Repeat for all items or to change a default.
* Component Labels
– Easier and quicker addition or edit from the Edit Placed Component window
– Double click the component or its label to open the Component Edit window.
– The default configuration is automatically selected.
* Placed Component Edit:
– New drop-down menu for quick access to Selected Component options
– as if the Component was selected using Control + Click
* Project Variations
– Variations enable a project to be frozen and subsequent additions and changes to be highlighted.
– Components are shown on the plan in grey-scale, new and moved components are in colour.
– Changes in the total value of the project are tracked in the history record.
– Project Totals can be shown either as a total for the current changes or in total for all stages.
– Project Plans can be shown with changes highlighted or as a complete plan for installation.
– The cycle of creating new variations can continue as a project evolves or the first variation can remain
with accumulating changes.
* Before using the Variations facility on a live project, test it out on a small trial project first.
* Make small changes and variation steps and track the results on the plans and in the calculations so that you have a clear understanding of how it works.
* All settings are saved with the project – this means that the project needs to be re-saved when changes are made before a
new Variation can be created.
* Improved functionality of Line Type Library Editor – Configurations for PLAN LINES ETC
– Save a new Configuration without having to delete the old version.
* Rectangle and Text – increased text length from 50 to 100 characters.
* New Registration Details entered are saved at the time of validation and on exiting ElectroPlan.
* Maximize, Minimise, Close icons added to Floating Component Selector window title bar.
* Cable Calculations and Plan Measurements : Double Click Measurement Markers to show the menu previously accessed by a Right Click.
* Added a Close button to the Project Load progress window in case it does not close automatically.
* Correction to the initial placement of a cloned Component (Alt Key + Click) on a scrolled plan.
* Changes to CostItems editing and saving to give added resilience to data loss where CostItems have been changed.
* Prevent Upgrade install from resetting the Supplier Download File Catalogue.
* After Document Export – Correctly restore the floating Component Suite window on multiple monitors.
* Correct freeze error when Exporting a project with many plans.
* Placed Component Edit window – Note about inclusion of Special Prices in Markup calculation
now changes depending on the setting for this in the main project details tab.
* Placed Component Edit window – edit of standard price disabled – should be enabled.
* Remove the Circuit Counter category being an option for the category of other components.
* Ensure the Circuit Counter component remains in the Circuit Category.
* Selected Components Window – wider to enable better button descriptions.
* Increased separation between date and time on exported plans.
Version: 20-06-01 (June 2020)
* Capture Date Format errors in CoC date fields to prevent project being unable to load
* Save Project button left enabled incorrectly when loading a project from the Startup Window.
* Selected Components Position Adjust – Plan Measurements are now updated with each keystroke.
* Selected Components Alignment Adjust – Plan Measurements are now updated with each movement.
* Enhance on-screen message when ‘New Image’ button is clicked to help prevent loss of component icons in the Component Icon editor.
Version: 20-05-02 (May 2020)
New in this version …
* Project Name search in ‘Find a Project’ is now not case sensitive. Entering ‘lot 23’ will find ‘Lot 23’ and ‘lot 23’ and ‘LOT 23’
* Error in Null to Numeric Conversion when exporting a CoC from a new project
* Corrected spelling of Length in Plan Measurements options.
Version: 20-05-01 (May 2020)
New in this version ..* Component and Plan Image Reflecting and Rotation Options …
Useful to facilitate mirrored floor layouts … Create plan A with Components and save, then re-import plan A with Components to become plan B, mirror the plan and image. Replace the image if needed..
* New Date Formatting option under Tools and Settings for Exported Documents and Plans* Export Document Pages Selection – new option to save current selection as the Default Document Options
* Selected Component Position Adjust – New pixel count option to speed up the movement of larger groups of components. Return to 1 pixel steps for final accuracy.
* Added ‘Update Image on Scroll’ checkbox to ‘Get Plan Image from another Application Window’ option.
* Circuit Counter – The counter now counts all line types. This enables various line paths between Components where a plan area needs more clarity.
* Plan Measurements can now be defined between Components – This allows dimensions to be shown on a plan and optionally measured using the Cable Paths Measurement Markers.
* Component Selection – Where 2 Components are selected and a line exists between them, the details of that line can be retrieved for editing using the ‘Get Highlighted Item Details’ button on the ‘Lines ++ Configuration’ windowFixes …* Detection of 25×25 pixel components outside PlanFrame sometimes fails.
* Re-Enable “Use Whole Image” button after closure of Image Capture window.
* Corrected location of bottom right corner of memo for movement of a memo on a scrolled plan.
* Fixed error when importing from a project plan that includes a Plan Measurement.
* Fixed problem with itemising Plan Measurements for importation.
* Fixed problem with itemising Plan Measurements and Images for Copy / Move.
* Fixed problem with additional Project Notes importation.
* Correction to saving ‘Special Prices in Markup’ option and remove resulting N suffix on Project Reference
* Correct error with using the ‘Space Vertically’ function with Selected Components.
* Fixed error message after notification of missing plan image file.
* Fixed closure of window when opening a new Supplier Data file.
* Improved image centering in exported documents
* Updated Export Document postal address layout