Please fill in the details in the right hand panel to complete the upgrade to ensure your system has the latest features.
After the upgrade is downloaded and installed (see steps below) make sure ElectroPlan shows the latest version in either the opening window or on clicking the About tool-bar button.
Latest Version: 17-01-01 (January 2017)
Need download instructions?
Save the download file to your computer. If your browser does not ask you where to save the file, it will be in the browser’s default downloads folder – look for “Downloads” in the menu options.
Find the downloaded file on your computer either in your browser’s Downloads area or in the place you saved it, and double click the file to start the install program.
Follow the instruction in the install process. After the process is completed ElectroPlan will be started by the install program.
By default the system is configured to install into the folder C:\ElectroPlan
If you have installed the system on a different drive or in a different folder – click the Browse button at the ‘Select Destination Location’ step of the installation and select the drive letter and /or folder you have used for the installation.
If your anti-virus software intervenes in the download process, it is not because the download has a virus, it is because the install program is not recognized by the anti-virus software and its file type has triggered a response. Look for options to allow the download and install process and to make the install program an allowed exception.
Recent Upgrade History
See also our plans for further development on the “About” page.
New Features …
* PDF Image Extract …
– Select page to extract at nominated resolution
– Extraction of All pages is done at the lowest resolution for speed unless a higher resolution is selected..
* Placement and Movement of Components …
Mouse pointer options – Hand Pointer, Square Outline, Solid Square, Component Image. (See Settings and Options in Tools and Settings)
* Allow settings changes is Free Trial Version
* Plan Legend …
– Multi column – select the number of columns within Plan Details
– Component Sort Order … Alphabetical by description (default) or by Category,
so that similar components are listed together. (See Settings and Options in Tools and Settings)
– This option also applies to the Component Listing page in Document Export.
* Plan Frame Options …
– Plan Frame with Title Block and Logos
– Options: Line Width, Colour, Height, Data Field position, Font Name and Size, Logo Position. (See Plan Title Design in Tools and Settings)
– Classic Format from previous versions of ElectroPlan still enabled if needed.
* Plan Image Zoom …
– Zoom setting by nominated % not just 10% increments.
– New Option to NOT move components with plan image zoom and move in Plan Details edit.
– (See Plan Details window)
* Import New Image for plan to cater for plan changes, duplicate buildings / units / flats.
– Plans can be Copied by Importing back into the project. (See Import from Project option on Open Project listing window)
* Additional Items …
– Set initial values of ‘Show’ and ‘Show Value’ settings for new items
– Save settings in configuration file for the next run of ElectroPlan.
Changes and Fixes …
* Remove Cost Item Category selection filter before saving component changes to prevent potential loss of Cost Item data.
* Plan areas beneath the legend being hidden in some circumstances.
* Check Document Text source files are plain text format – extension TXT
* Export Documents … restore Plans to being included after Project Notes
* Fix omission of last item in Plan Lines Library
New Features …
- AutoSave – Automatic Project Save after a set time or number of changes made – minimize the chances of losing your work in case of computer malfunctions or power cuts.
- Multi-line text memos on plans.
- Notes near price total in Quote Document to provide additional information.
- Component Editing and Component Icon Editing – revised layout and more intuitive functionality.
- Component Icon Management – Easy and Advanced modes of image management.
- Quick CoC Creation without having to create a new project.
Changes and Fixes …
- Images placed on plans keep their original shape … adjustments are for image size only.
- Document Export revision – overcome text file size limitations
- Project Import – now includes lines linked to components.
- Plan Image Files Deletion – allow for longer file names
- Icon File Naming – ignore non-standard file names.
- Dual Monitor usage – fix blanking import plan image when ElectroPlan is moved to another monitor.
- Import from PDF …
* Undo Erase function restores the last erase step not all areas erased.
There is still an option to undo all erases at once.
* Re-Extract Image from PDF file option with rotation and increased resolution options.
This allows for very small areas of a PDF image to be imported at increased resolution.
Also for a rotation of any angle not just 90 degrees for angled areas of a plan.
- Saving Components Confirmation message removed as sometimes it does not show as the top window
and it gives the appearance of a system lock-up in the Icon Designer.
- Multi-User features …
* Allows two or more users to operate ElectroPlan, sharing the same Data, Components and Projects and have individual program settings.
* Run ElectroPlan with an added shortcut parameter to personalize Configuration and Save History files.
* ElectroPlan creates a new desktop shortcut with the correct parameter setting for the current user.
- Supplier Product Codes – Add a new Price Match record manually to the list of Cost Items.
- Revisions to some windows to ensure improved resizing of text when Windows Font enlargement enabled.
- Selected Component Window Close Mode after Line Draw – Speeds up Lighting Connection Line Drawing
- New version of the PDF Image Extract utility included – Overcomes the message on screen about a new version being available.
- Materials Order / Listing
* New Order Details tab showing all materials included in the project
Quantities by Cost Item from the Component Calculator as well as
Components that have no Cost Items defined.
Enter additional Order Comments as needed eg. Wholesaler Product Details etc
* Components with no Cost Calculator have been added to the list of Cost Items in the project
* New Materials Order option including Order Comments added to Export Options
- Small fixes …
Component Calculator – ensure numeric fields are not blank.
Icon Editor – remove full-stop from image file name.
- Update to Plan Image Importation to eliminate the dependence on Internet Explorer
- Help links open new tab in default browser or starts default browser
- Fixes to component editing
- Image in Rectangle to add images to a plan for product details, logos etc.
- Line style library
- Option to not show square mouse pointer when positioning or placing components
- Changes to the operation of the Lines area including new option/hints screen
- Fixed problem with importation of Additional Item from another project.
- Remove requirement for company logo files to be in bitmap format
- Company Logo files can be in any popular graphics format: JPG/PNG/GIF/BMP/TIF
- Certificate of Compliance Date data – overcome non-standard date formatting.
- New Component Select mode – enclose an area with a rectangle to select components.
- Check for new version on website – new button on opening window.
- Export Project to PDF file – new button for ‘Plans Only’
- Movable Plan Legend – to maximize image size in PDF export file.
- Component Selection – New option – Move selected components to a new plan with the same image or to another existing plan within the project.
- Image import from PDF – fix initial sizing of image.
- Addition of Component Selection to make Drawing Lines between components (to indicate lighting circuits etc) very simple and ensure the line move when the components are moved.
- Other Component Selection options – Vertical and Horizontal Alignment and Spacing.
- Swap selected components as a means of upgrading according to the Customer’s choice.
- Plan Zoom in and Out.
- Addition of Curved lines to Line Draw Options for connecting lights and controlling switches.
- Fixed ambiguous line selection bug in Line Draw mode
- Improvements to Component Calculator and Supplier Data user interface
Component Calculator for Component Price Calculation based on materials and time
- Download Supplier’s price information for use in price calculations including margins.
- Breakdown of materials and time for the whole project or plan by plan.
- Improvements in line drawing and font selection for text on plans.
- Document export for quick quote projects with no plans.
- New Default Settings for Document Export Selection
- New Project Reference field to designate Quote/Estimate/Proposal/Invoice
- Tools and Settings tab for Documentation files shown Logo file thumbnail.
- More application links to website, including replacement of the Help file with links to the website.
- Reorganization of tabs in Tools and Settings window.
- Improve Project Listing and Plan Images housekeeping in Open Project window.
- Added Exit toolbar button.
- Logo and Text files used for document export move to a new \Documents folder.
- Document Export – Provision for block and strip style logos on page headers. Default company name heading if no logos defined.
- Additional Items – Selected items can be included on the Component List documentation page.