Please fill in the details in the right hand panel to complete the upgrade to ensure your system has the latest features.
After the upgrade is downloaded and installed (see steps below) make sure ElectroPlan shows the latest version in either the opening window or on clicking the About tool-bar button.
Latest Version: 18-10-01 (October 2018)
Need download / installation instructions ?
Step 1 – Save the download file to your computer. If your browser does not ask you where to save the file, it will be in the browser’s default downloads folder – look for “Downloads” in the menu options.
If your anti-virus software intervenes in the download process, it is not because the download has a virus, it is because the install program is not recognized by the anti-virus software and its file type has triggered a response. Look for options to allow the download and install process and to make the install program an allowed exception.
Step 2 – Find the downloaded file on your computer either in your browser’s Downloads area or in the place you saved it, and double click the file to start the install process.
Step 3 – Follow the instructions in the install process.
Important Notes …
Multiple Users … The upgrade only needs to be done once for users who share an installation of ElectroPlan.
Make sure all users are out of ElectroPlan before starting the upgrade process.
ElectroPlan Location … When you get to this stage of the upgrade (see image below) it is very important to get the updated ElectroPlan files to the correct location … ie the folder where ElectroPlan is installed and started from using your desktop shortcut. Below is the page of the Setup process here the correct location is entered.
* By default ElectroPlan installs into the folder C:/ElectroPlan
* If ElectroPlan has been installed in or moved to another location (eg Network drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, cloud service etc) the default location C:\ElectroPlan needs to be changed.
* To obtain the folder where ElectroPlan is installed … (This can be done before running the install process)
1 – Press the Windows key and M to show the desktop.
2 – Right-Click your desktop shortcut to ElectroPlan and select ‘Properties’ from the menu.
3 – Select and Copy the text in the ‘Start in’ field in readiness to paste it into the edit box as shown above (no quote marks) replacing the existing text.
* When the install process is run and you get to the page shown above …
1 – Paste the text from the ‘Start in field of the ‘Properties’ window. If the above window has disappeared from view when the text was being copied , then Click the ElectroPlan Setup icon on the task-bar to re-show the Setup program.
2 – Press enter to continue and confirm the folder to install into.
* Once the setup program has completed, start ElectroPlan and ensure that the version shown in the startup window is the latest version – see below or at the top of this page.
* Please contact ElectroPlan if you need any assistance with this upgrade process.
Recent Upgrade History …
Version: 18-10-01 (October 2018)
- Set the legend font size
* Component Edit – ‘Save Changes’ button enables after edits but does not re enable after save.
* Default Export Settings – set options to Plans Only if all options are unchecked to avoid an empty export file.
* Placed Component Edit – Fixed losing track of which icon to rotate if the mouse pointer passes over a component during the mouse move to the edit window.
Version: 18-09-01 (September 2018)
- TAX CALCULATION EXEMPTIONS – Sales Tax, VAT, GST etc …
New configuration options to allow for exempt categories of project content:
– Tag Additional items with a text label to indicate tax exemption.
– Use the TIME Category from the Component Calculator as the tax exempt amount where labour is tax exempt.
Read more …
- Component List Document Page – Add Price extension option.
Version: 18-08-01 (August 2018)
- CABLE PATH CALCULATIONS …
* Place measurement markers on a plan image to set a known distance.
* Select placed components along the cable run to create a Cable Path.
* Add cable junctions for points that the cables run through.
* Add rises, drops, termination lengths for a total cable length calculation.
* Add a Cost Items for a costed / priced total.
- COMPONENT LABELS – with the appear like rectangle and and memo items with a line drawn to the Component. Text size, font, colour defined as for connecting lines.
- EDIT A PLAN IMAGE – Define a graphics application to edit an image file and then refresh with the altered image.
- ADJUST POSITION OF SELECTED COMPONENTS – Use the keyboard arrow keys to move all selected components for accurate and fast re-positioning.
- PLACEMENT OF IMAGES ON A PLAN – The image is created full size on the plan to a maximum of one third of the width of the plan editing area.
- IMAGE CORNER MOVEMENTS …
* Top Left Corner – the whole image is moved without changing the size.
* Bottom Right Corner – the image is resized as the Top Right Corner is not moved.
* The shape of the image remains the same with the movement of either corner.
- EXPORT OPTIONS – Component List and Additional Items can be separately selected in Exported Documents.
… Ensure you turn on ‘Additional Items’ in Tools and Settings >> Project Export – Default Document Options
- PRICE UPDATES – Update project prices adjusted for a selected product range.
- Name and Company Name field erroneously shown on plan image area removed.
- Components sometimes move when clicked – Components now only move if the mouse is moved while mouse button held down.
- Connection Curves – Drawn as a straight line for clarity where components are close together.
- Check for blank ‘Default Project Notes’ file specification to prevent a file I/O error on opening the application.
- Fixed Importation of Whole Graphics Image File as a Plan Image – removes need to revert to plan image area selection.
- Turning on Lines++ no longer highlights lines connected to Components as these must be moved by moving the component.
- Export Documents – prevent Additional Items header and content being split between pages.
- Legend showing and not updating after opening of the Selected Components window. Occurred if the legend was initially off.
- Selecting a Component on a plan using Ctrl+Click no longer highlights the “Save Project” toolbar button.
- Error when placing an image on a plan with invalid image filename.
Version: 18-05-02 (May 2018)
This version corrects an issue with exporting multiple plans where the images for the second plan onward are shown out of step.
Version: 18-05-01 (May 2018)
This version has a further enhancement of the reporting system that generates PDF files directly …
Whether you export to PDF using the ‘Direct to PDF’ option or the ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’ option from the Export Print options your files will now be fully compatible with customers’ Apple devices (Mac , iPhone, iPad etc) no matter which PDF reader software they have used.
Other changes ..
COC Page of Export function … dates in the lower part of the document were truncated.
Version: 18-04-01 (April 2018)
New Features …
- Select All Components of one type on a plan Select desired component using Ctrl + Click, then click the button to select ALL components of the plan of the same type.
- Select All Components of one Category on plan – as above but all components in the same Category are selected.
- Exported Plans …
* New Option to Print the Exported Documents – this provides another option to create a PDF export file of the project using the ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’ option which is available in the Printer Name drop down list in the Print Options. This may avoid missing plan images issues.
* Plan Title Block – Registered Person (not Company Name) is shown if a logo is defined, otherwise Company Name and Registered Person are both shown.
* Location of Plan Title Fields … Design your own font, size and layout by drag and drop.
IMPORTANT – Please check the layout of your Plan Title Block before exporting any plans to ensure your existing layout is correctly translated.
- Product Range Price Comparisons – Show the total for the project with variations included.
- Settings Option – Suppress Pricing on Plan Views – useful for when a client views the screen.
- PDF Extract – Password entry available if required
- Plan and Document Logos – more image types supported JPG/PNG/GIF/BMP/TIFF
- Registration Details Entry … ‘Confirm Details’ button to validate entries pasted by mouse.
- Selected Components – Changed ‘Delete Connecting Lines’ button to be visible only if more then one component selected as the function deletes lines ‘between’ components not ‘to’ components.
- Swapping components in the Selected Components window did not activate Save Project button.
- Product Range Price Comparison turned off when changing from ‘Project Information’ to Plan tabs as having this visible can slow the system for large projects.
- Ensure Component Suite is reloaded after the Circuit Counter configuration changes.
- Line End markers not shown in the correct position after lines were created using the Selected Components window.
- Fixed problem with PDF extraction of a 1 page file if ‘All’ pages extracted and ‘Whole Image’ used.
Version: 17-11-01 (November 2017)
New Features …
- Plan Zoom … “Zoom In / Zoom Out” buttons are located at the top of the plan to zoom without having to open the Plan Details window.
- Add selected Pricing to the Component List page in an Exported Document – the Default is no pricing.
- A3 Printing Option for Plan Export to PDF
- Switch Circuit Counter – Counts circuits linked to a switch and converts the switch to the appropriate Component with a full project re-cost and materials calculation done automatically. More info …
- Data Export – Integration with other data management systems.
– Export Component List, Cost Item List, Project Component etc. More info …
- Edit ‘Additional Items’ Title and Extra Text for the Additional Items section of the Components List in the Project Export
- Component List in PDF Document – Convert the Description to a web-link for more information.
- Product Range option for Cost Items in the Component Calculator for Price Comparisons and Product Upgrades. More info …
- Re-Extract image from PDF – Go to the same scroll location on the new image.
- Plan Titles – Change to bold style to overcome apparent PDF viewer issue.
Version: 17-08-02 (August 2017)
Amendment to correct the drop-down list options in the Show and Value columns of the Additional Items edit table.
Version: 17-08-01 (August 2017)
This version of ElectroPlan has three significant developments for working with plan images.
- Import a WHOLE IMAGE from a PDF file (or other image source)
This is in addition to the current method of importing a selected part of a plan.
- New Tool – PLAN FRAME – This is a moveable rectangle which can be moved anywhere on the plan to designate the area of the plan which will be exported.
- Export to JPG image format for larger plan images – resolutions available.
- Work with plans larger than the screen dimensions.
- Improved plan resolution.
- Move projects between monitors and computers with different sizes and shapes.
- Avoid some issues with viewing PDF images on Apple Mac and iPhone.
Note – Your current projects will load with the Plan Frame set to the screen corners. You can continue with this setting or move the Plan Frame if you need to.
There are other new features and spin-offs … read below.
- Position the legend anywhere on the plan.
Current projects will load with the legend located approximately in the original location.
Some adjustment may be needed – just drag the legend to its new position.
- Zoom in to a selected area / room designated by the Plan Frame.
- Quick Scroll across a plan which is larger than screen size.
- Exported plan image now generated by image compilation of the plan and components within the Plan Frame – not just a screen shot.
Other new features …
- The ‘Open Project‘ window compiles the project file list only once per launching of ElectroPlan – faster access to project list.
- Delete all project files EXCEPT the latest version of a project file – less congestion of old project files in the ‘Open Project’ window.
- Replicate a Cost Item Margin to other Cost Items in the same Category.
- Edit description field for ‘Company ID’ and ‘Description of Tax’ – for non NZ subscribers.
- Add multi-line text to Additional Items with item numbers for sorting the list.
Changes and Fixes …
- Increased Speed of Re-positioning of Components after the plan image is moved or zoomed in the ‘Plan Details’ window.
- Project Plan Import – Avoid importing all components from two or more Plans when duplicate plan names exist.
- Expired Registration Window – link added to the access the ElectroPlan website for subscription renewal.
- Reset ‘Un-swap Component‘ button back to ‘Swap Component‘ after closing the ‘Selected Components‘ window.
- Remove commas from the project name edit box to avoid subsequent data corruption of plan image file names.
- Components Edit – The Component Suite is automatically reloaded after the ‘Component Edit‘ window is closed.
- Free Trial Version – Export and Print functions are enabled with grayed out icons and lines, the Legend is shown as an outline.
- Improved layout of Selected Component details to avoid the description obscuring the price.
- Fix non-deletion of previous project file version after AutoSave activation.
- Provide more space for Price Text Note in case of long line wrapping.
- Disable Shift+Left Mouse action on components to prevent false component movement indication.
Version: 17-01-01 (January 2017)
New Features …
* PDF Image Extract …
– Select page to extract at nominated resolution
– Extraction of All pages is done at the lowest resolution for speed unless a higher resolution is selected..
* Placement and Movement of Components …
Mouse pointer options – Hand Pointer, Square Outline, Solid Square, Component Image. (See Settings and Options in Tools and Settings)
* Allow settings changes is Free Trial Version
* Plan Legend …
– Multi column – select the number of columns within Plan Details
– Component Sort Order … Alphabetical by description (default) or by Category,
so that similar components are listed together. (See Settings and Options in Tools and Settings)
– This option also applies to the Component Listing page in Document Export.
* Plan Frame Options …
– Plan Frame with Title Block and Logos
– Options: Line Width, Colour, Height, Data Field position, Font Name and Size, Logo Position. (See Plan Title Design in Tools and Settings)
– Classic Format from previous versions of ElectroPlan still enabled if needed.
* Plan Image Zoom …
– Zoom setting by nominated % not just 10% increments.
– New Option to NOT move components with plan image zoom and move in Plan Details edit.
– (See Plan Details window)
* Import New Image for plan to cater for plan changes, duplicate buildings / units / flats.
– Plans can be Copied by Importing back into the project. (See Import from Project option on Open Project listing window)
* Additional Items …
– Set initial values of ‘Show’ and ‘Show Value’ settings for new items
– Save settings in configuration file for the next run of ElectroPlan.
Changes and Fixes …
* Remove Cost Item Category selection filter before saving component changes to prevent potential loss of Cost Item data.
* Plan areas beneath the legend being hidden in some circumstances.
* Check Document Text source files are plain text format – extension TXT
* Export Documents … restore Plans to being included after Project Notes
* Fix omission of last item in Plan Lines Library